top of page


What, When, Why, Who...?


What specializations are available? 

We do not offer a classic specialization in our programs. However, for both of them, Bachelor and MBA, the focus is on Entrepreneurship. 

What is the language of instruction at IAM? 

All courses at IAM are given in English. 

What TOEFL score do I need to apply at IAM? 

As part of the selection process, successful applicants are interviewed to assess their level of English and their chances of success in the particular program. As a guide, you will need a level of English as follows: 


Does IAM offer scholarships? 

IAM provides scholarships for selected programs on a case by case basis. For further information please refer to Tuition Fees & Scholarships. 

Do I need to take the GMAT to enter the MBA program? 

GMAT score is not required for MBA admission, as we prefer to assess your chances of success in the IAM environment through an interview. 

Why is IAM not on the Swiss ENIC list? 

The Swiss ENIC system currently lists only Swiss state‐owned universities and cannot list private institutions such as IMD or IAM. 

What are the estimated living expenses in Montreux? 

IAM advises students to budget a minimum of CHF 2500 per month for expenses related to food, 

accommodation, local travel, school textbooks, entertainment and medical insurance. 


Estimated costs – please note these are estimations of monthly costs which vary depending on the student’s budget and lifestyle: 

Monthly accommodation estimate: CHF 900 – CHF 2’000 

Monthly food expenses estimate: CHF 600 – CHF 900 

Monthly travel expenses estimate: CHF 100 – CHF 300 

Monthly medical insurance estimate: CHF 70 – CHF 300 


Please note that every student in Switzerland must be insured by a medical and accident insurance company in Switzerland, even if you already have an international travel insurance. (IAM can help you find an insurance company if you do not already have insurance in Switzerland). 

Where could I live in Montreux? 

Please refer to the housing and accommodation page. 

Do I need a visa to study in Switzerland? 

Please refer to visa requirements page. 

Does IAM help me to obtain the Study B Permit to live and study in Switzerland? 

IAM will help and advise you on all the legal procedures to obtain your ‘Study B Permit’ which allows you to live and study in Switzerland during your stay with IAM. 

Can I work in Switzerland with a Study Permit? 

After six months of studies, it is possible for a non EU students to work a maximum of 15 hours per week but only after receiving both from the school and the police a prior permission.


How do I reach IAM by public transportation? 

You can reach the school by bus (line 201) or by train.

bottom of page